Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Polar Bear Art: Preschool Style

One of my students this year loves polar bears. Because I know this student loves polar bears so much, I've been really excited to use them as a focus topic during our winter unit. Today we tried out a step-by-step art project to create polar bears. I was inspired by this art project. It was completed by older students and I didn't have the same pastel chalk that they used, but I did my best to adapt it for our classroom.
I thought the results were really fun, and so great for preschool art. I love that even though I took the students step-by-step through the shapes, each bear turned out so differently. 
We had also been experimenting with white crayons and watercolor paint, so some students chose to use that as a background for their polar bear. (Although, if I did the project again, I would stick with a more solid background next time, like the examples I was looking at.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...