Thursday, May 28, 2015

First Year Favorites

It's been busy the last couple of weeks getting ready for the end of school, and today I said goodbye to my first preschool class at Hands and Heart Learning. This year has been so much FUN, and I've honestly felt a little bit sad all day about finishing up the year. But Gorilla and I have some awesome summer activities planned, and it will be nice to take a little break.

I've enjoyed reflecting on this year and everything that we did, so I thought I would share some of my favorite moments. 

Raising Butterflies
I'm pretty sure I was just as excited as the kids during this whole process. It was all so fascinating to witness, but the moment when we watched the butterflies flutter away just felt magical. 

Rainbows
There's just something happy about rainbows..
.a couple kids continually drew rainbows after this art project. 


Penguin and Pinecone Friends
I found a lot of great new literature this year, but I especially loved this book and the kids loved making pinecone friends.


Frozen Hearts Sensory Bin
This was a favorite sensory bin. 
I am now a huge fan of "ice excavation" activities. They are so fun!


Polar Bear Art
Our study of polar bears resulted in my favorite art project of the year. 
Gingerbread 
Another new favorite book, plus the process of baking gingerbread with the kids was pretty sweet. 

Fall Leaves and Pumpkins
They are so great to use as learning tools!
We have done some fun things this year, but the best moments for me are definitely watching the kids each progress and learn in their own ways. I love being a part of their learning process. 
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...