Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Ladybug Larvae

I love learning something new as a teacher. As I was researching for a spring unit project for this year, I learned that ladybugs go through a metamorphosis similar to caterpillars/butterflies! Last year we loved watching our caterpillars change into butterflies, and so I decided to give ladybugs a try this year. With all the resources out there, it's amazing how easy it is to experience this at home or in the classroom. I just ordered a kit from Insect Lore, the same company we used for our butterflies.
Our Ladybug Land kit came with 10 tiny, crawling ladybug larvae. They kind of look like little alligators.

We are really excited to watch the ladybug life cycle in action over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...