Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Creative Kids Summer Class: Dot Inspired Art

This little book has been one of my favorite art books for a long time. 
Reynolds is a fun author, and has some other great books about art and creating as well.

We read the book in stages, stopping to practice things that the book models like signing your name and creating different kinds of dots.
We tried making dots with markers and dots with paint.
It was the perfect time to try out these new yogurt lid palettes that I made recently. :) 
Then after we were done practicing, we finished the book and decided to make one last piece of art inspired by dots on a canvas panel.
Everyone's work of art was different, even though we were all thinking about dots. That is my favorite kind of art. When we were finished we signed our name, just like in the story.

This story always reminds me of the Pablo Picasso quote: "Every child is an artist." 
I really believe that, and hope to fuel that belief in every child that I teach.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...