Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Book Love: If You Ever Want to Bring a Piano to the Beach, DON'T!

I knew this book was going to be perfect for my piano play summer class when I first read the title. I mean, pianos and beaches combined into one silly story? Always funny, but perfect for summer. We loved it!

Connecting Activity: I created a simple piano/beach themed sensory bin to go along with this book. Kinetic sand, sea shells, with foam piano keyboards and musical notes. It could also be fun to "go fishing" for pianos somehow, like she does in the book, using foam pieces, magnets, and string. Lots of fun possibilities! But for this year we enjoyed this little sand bin. Because we'd been learning about the pattern of the piano keyboard, I purposefully made the keyboard pieces with either 2 black keys or 2 white keys, as another way to reinforce that concept. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...