Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Book Love: Should I Share My Ice Cream?

I just love Elephant and Piggie books, and really anything written by Mo Willems. So I take any chance I can to fit them into our curriculum. This book was perfect to read during birthday week and helped us talk about what sharing looks like in preschool- something we will continue to address all year long... :) 


Connecting Activity: I can't take credit for this activity, and adapted it from something I found here. We tried it passing or sharing our ice cream with balloons, which was extra tricky, but we had a bunch of balloons out since it was birthday week. There were a lot of smiles, and it was also a great activity to get the kids talking to each other. I loved the chance it gave us to practice asking to share with someone in a fun, no-pressure way.





Dramatic Play Connection: I set out our ice cream cones, pom poms, and scoopers in the dramatic play area, and the students became really engaged in making, "selling," and sharing their ice cream. One group even built an "ice cream house," where they made the ice cream and then scooped it out to give it away. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...