Thursday, December 4, 2014

The People in My Family

This is a simple activity that we did along with talking about the people in our families. I pre-cut different sized circles and helped the kids to determine and count how many of each size they would need. Then they colored each one to represent the different people in their family.  I also modeled my own family so they could see the process in action.

I liked that this process was simple enough to allow for individuality without taking too much focus away from the topic at hand. It provided a concrete base for each child to work with, regardless of their current level of fine motor skills.

The finished product can also serve as a meaningful visual for discussions about family size, and how families are different and the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...