Friday, April 14, 2017

Life Cycle Study, Part 1: Caterpillars

Every year I like to do a live life cycle study.
 Last year we did ladybugs, and this year we are doing butterflies again.
I always look forward to this magical project.

It's amazing how fast they grow in just a few days!



One student asked me to take a picture with the magnifying glass in front, so the caterpillars looked bigger. I thought it turned out to be a cool picture. :) 

The Hungry Caterpillar
Caterpillars are HUNGRY, and I love using this classic book by Eric Carle to inspire some activities. Here is a counting/threading invitation that can also be used for story retelling. 

Caterpillar Craft
In addition to some caterpillar inspired art, we created these simple and fun caterpillars climbing on sticks.








It's been so fun to watch our caterpillars grow and grow!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...